Sometimes I get these ideas for recipes in my head and I just have to try it! I often buy veggie soup in hopes that my 3 1/2 year-old will eat it for a nice dose of nutrients. Not to my surprise it’s a regular rejection. So when I tried the lentil soup and he seemed somewhat interested I thought this might be a way in. The reason this recipe is so easy it’s because it’s main ingredients comes from soup! Not only did I enjoy them but he ate more than I’ve seen him eat in a long time! So you know these are kid approved 👍🏼🙌🏼
- One can organic lentil soup ( with ingredients that you trust )
- Two eggs
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour ( or whatever you like )
- 1 -1 1/2 cups of gluten-free bread crumbs (I toasted gluten free bread and then ground it up )
- 1/2 TB baking powder (its not crucial)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TB cooking oil (for skillet only)
Strain the soup to get rid of all excess liquid. In a cooking bowl whisk two eggs. Add the lentils and all other ingredients (not the oil) and mix together.
Heat your skillet up to medium high heat, add the oil and with a half cup measuring cup scoop mixture and plop into skillet once hot. Pat it down a bit for a nice round shape. Cook for about 3-4 minutes and then flip. Cook for 3 to 4 more minutes and flip for a nice Browning on both sides. Could even be served with dill Greek yogurt. Enjoy!